Bit By Bit is looking for a talented and passionate Help Desk Dispatcher committed to providing top-notch customer service and technical support for our clients. We are a fast-paced Managed Service Provider (MSP) providing services to small to medium size businesses looking to add to its seasoned help desk team.
The Help Desk Dispatcher is responsible for all inbound user service requests; coordinating dispatch of technicians for user issues requiring on-site resolution; and organizing technician schedules for all Help Desk and Field Tech Engineers. They will be responsible for communicating directly with Bit By Bit customers, who are the users of the service, and are requesting service regarding issues via phone, email or customer portal. It is the Dispatcher's responsibility to ensure that all incidents, issues, and/or problems are logged, and contain all necessary information for a technician to resolve the user’s service issue and can assign the ticket to the proper technician who is qualified to remediate the support issue.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to extract information from end users to resolve network, server, and computer related hardware/software issues. Candidate must be able to ask questions to determine the scope of what they are troubleshooting. Good communication skills, strong phone presence, empathy and natural problem solver and people skills are necessary to establish strong relationships and effectively and deal with internal and external customers.
- A point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests.
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through phone call, email, manual entry, or direct customer input.
- Schedule internal and field technical resources via ticketing system.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Route incoming and existing tickets to the appropriate technician or department.
- Monitor open service tickets to make sure the team is meeting customer’s needs.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction with fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Enter all work as service tickets into the ticket system.
- Escalate requests to Service Desk Manager or other team members as necessary.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous customer service experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in coordinating team workloads.
- Positive attitude and a strong willingness to continually learn.
Minimum of 1 year experience working with a Managed Services IT company preferred
- Salary Based on experience
- Medical and Dental
- Paid Vacation
- Simple IRA with Employer Contribution
About Bit by Bit
We are a full service IT firm that was found in 1987. We are growing our company and looking for great minds to join our experienced team.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB